Tuesday 4 October 2011

Need milk?

My parents went home this afternoon, so it is quiet at home again. Having your family's support is amazing, but I don't mind the quiet either. I want to spend time thinking about Tabitha and figure out how to get back to a normal life again. Wessel and I have both been quite well, despite everything that happened. We talk about Tabitha a lot and when we feel like crying we cry a bit. But not excessively. We are so greatly encouraged by all the testimonies we hear as a result of Tabitha's short life. We feel very proud to be her parents. I wonder if she knows that she has parents on earth that misses her? I know heaven is perfect and therefore don't think she misses us like we miss her. I think its probably also one of those things that our human minds can't comprehend. One day we'll hopefully understand how it works. 

I went to print a stack of pictures of Tabitha today. I'm going to make a scrapbook and keep an album. I want to be able to revisit the memories we had together whenever I feel like it.

But first things first. I have a chest freezer half filled with frozen breast milk. I would like to donate to a milk bank, but before I do that I'd like to find out if anybody already knows of someone who's baby can benefit from it. Maybe the mother can't breast feed or maybe she has twins and doesn't have enough. Breast is best, we're told, and another mother's breast is still pretty good. The nurses said my milk is full of 'nutrients' – they were able to identify it by its more yellow colour, so I thought why let good food go to waste. I used proper sterilizing methods, and the bags I used are special breast milk bags that can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months. If it can benefit your baby, let me know so that we can make an arrangement!

Approximately 175 bags of Tabitha's breast milk. Lets try and put it to good use! She's not hungry or thirsty anymore!

Send me a mail on adele@kreationdesign.co.za



No comments:

Post a Comment