Friday 7 October 2011

My conclusion

We're taking it easy in the Slow Lounge at the airport, on our way to George. The funeral services came to our house just before I left to pick Wessel up from work to bring Tabitha's ashes and death certificate. Its so unreal. There it is, black on white. Tabitha Kruger, ID number and all. ABRIDGED DEATH CERTIFICATE. Date of birth: 07/08/2011. Maritial Status: Never Married. Date of death: 29/09/2011. Place of death: Sunninghill.  Cause of death: Natural causes. The little box was beautifully packaged in a velvet bag. Inside the box is a golden heart, engraved with 'Our forever baby, Tabitha Kruger' and the dates again. In a million years I could never imagine that we would find ourselves here. 



I've been thinking a lot the last few days. There are memories that I don't like to think about. It makes me get emotional every time. I also have fond memories but those seem to take more effort to remember. What I've also been thinking about is how hopeless life is without God. If I can summarise my whole experience it would be that life is unsure, and I know that Romans 8:28 is true. 

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

What I don't know is what about those who don't love God and who are not called according to His purpose? My conclusion is that all things do not work together for good for them. Basically that translates to life is a mess. My life would be a mess right now if I didn't have Jesus (the only way to the true God). My advice would be to see that you find God for yourself before you land in a situation that ends up in a mess. If your life is already a mess, its not too late to find Jesus and let Him turn it around. I'm not saying all problems disappear when you have Jesus. Your circumstances might seem like a mess but your life doesn't have to be. As long as you have breath in your lungs it is not too late, it doesn't matter how old you are. But once you've breathed your final breath and your death certificate is signed, there is no second chance. 


Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
(John 14:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment